Book Now
Grasausläuter
Urlaub am Bauernhof
Kühe
Verena & Katharina
Igel
Tradition

The history of our farm

The "Hube" was one of the original farms in the region. It's assumed that the Obere Hube and Untere Hube were once part of the same estate, the HUBE. This is hinted at by the name and their side-by-side location. Also, the fact that the land on which both farms stood once belonged to the same manor, namely the Augustinian abbey at Rattenberg, makes this previous connection probable.

Until 1818, part of the land of the Obere Hube even lay between plots of land belonging to the Untere Hube. 

The separation took place in 1555. From this point on, the Untere Hube remained in the same hands for several generations. Then a turbulent time began with many different owners until finally, in 1914, a certain Johann Zeller, from "Haarland" (Stummerberg), bought the Untere Hube. This Johann Zeller, our grandfather, gave the farm to his youngest son, our father Josef Zeller, in 1955. He in turn gave us the property in 1991.

In 1992, we began to tear down the old farm and rebuild it in the same style and same orientation. From 1993/94, "HOF UNTERHUBEN" has existed in its present form. We, the current owners, Johann and Martina Zeller, manage the farm together with our children, children Verena Magdalena and Katharina Maria.

6 REASONS
  • Calm location
  • Parking facilities
  • Bread service
  • Ski room & dryer
  • Family friendly
  • Bus stop